If you want to keep your car safe, make sure your vehicle’s windshield is strong enough. He helps ensure the integrity of your car. However, as time goes by, the windshield struggles with bad weather and other elements. Sometimes they break. If this is your case, we suggest that you should take decision about windshield chip repair or replace it.
Windshield chip Repair procedure
It consists of replacing all the damaged areas of the glass with a sophisticated resin. This resin restores the optical clarity and strength of the windshield with a weld as consistent as that of the original windshield.
Our purpose is to provide our clients with a professional service, benefiting them through savings and providing a guarantee of the work done.
Benefits of timely repair the windshield chip
- Returns the windshield to its original strength and structural integrity.
- Stops the advance of damage permanently.
- Improves optical clarity in the impact zone by between 85% and 95%, eliminating annoying reflection caused by the sun and night lights.
- In most cases it is cheaper than a replacement, even when you have insurance policies with extensive coverage.
- The originality of the car’s factory seal and tightness is preserved, avoiding water, air and earth leaks, as well as the risk of detachment of the windshield in an accident due to improper installation.
- A replacement takes an average of #3 hours and involves certain mishaps.
- It avoids the infiltration of humidity to the internal plastic film (PVB) preventing the delamination of the two sheets of glass.
- Keeps costs low on comprehensive insurance policies.
- Restores the surface of the glass improving the performance of the windshield wipers.
- It supports the ecology since a windshield is not a recyclable product (PVB plastic film) avoiding its confinement and contamination.
- Should you recruit an expert or do it without anyone else’s help.
Let’s answer this important question first. Usually if the size of your windshield tear or crack is less than #6 inches, you can repair it. But if the crack is bigger than that, you may need to replace the entire windshield.
Ideally, you may want to repair the chip as soon as possible. If there is an underdeveloped chip, you can use an adhesive kit to fill the gap. The idea is to remove the air from the inner layer and then seal the point of impact.
This is how a professional performs windshield replacements
There are several steps you need to take to remove and replace the car windshield. Here’s how a professional does the job.
Step #1: First, you need to cover the interior and exterior to make sure it is protected from small pieces of glass that can fall from the broken windshield.
Step #2: Now, you may want to remove the perimeter trim from the windshield.
Step 3: Take the appropriate tool to disconnect the windshield from the area where it is welded to the car. All you need to do is use the tool to cut it apart.
Step #4: In this step, you need to remove the glass by lifting it up and pushing it from the inside. You can get a helping hand to do it.
Step #5: Follow a couple of priming steps to make sure the frame sticks to the new windshield.
Step 6: Once installed, you can let the windshield set according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
So if your windshield is broken, be sure to get it repaired as soon as possible. However, if the problem is too severe, you can contact a technician to do the work for you.