You might think that selling your van is an easy job. But what you don’t know is that there are scammers who are not only trying to take your money but also your vehicles. It is important that you proceed with care, so you don’t end up making a deal with a scammer.
SCAMS TO LOOK FOR:
Before you close a deal, here are some common scams that you should look for:
- If a buyer agrees to buy your van without asking for all the basic information and details, this might be a warning sign for you.
- Another way that a buyer might steal your van is by giving you a false check or money order. You must deliver the van for free to the buyer if you sign the title as the van no longer belongs to you.
- If a buyer offers to pay monthly, it is better to not take such offers. If a buyer decides to run away with the rest of the payment, you won’t be able to get your money any other way.
- If the buyer starts asking you for your personal details like your social security numbers, credit card numbers, you should avoid giving them any personal information. They might misuse the information. Therefore, it is better to ask the buyer what type of information he will need and then proceed with the offer.
In order to avoid such scams, it is better to take some safety measures:
- You must check the account of the buyer or ask the bank whether there is enough amount in the account of the buyer or not. It is better to check this before you sell your vehicle to the buyer.
- If you are selling your vehicle overseas, make sure that you first get the payment in your account and then proceed with the process. If this is a scam and you ship your van before the payment is done, you will end up losing the cash and van.
- Before you sell your van, make sure that you copy all the important documents. Keep a copy of all the necessary information about your buyer like name, address, phone number, so you can investigate if your buyer turns out to be a scammer.
- The most important thing to look for is the fake checks. Make sure that you have the payment in hand before you give sell your van. If the buyer agrees to transfer the amount in your account, wait for the amount to be transferred and then give your van. Don’t make any decisions in a hurry. It is better to review a few buyers before you make a final decision.
5 EASY STEPS TO SELL YOUR VAN ONLINE:
If you want to avoid scammers and want to make the whole selling process easy and safe for you, you can contact We-Buy-Vans.co.uk. If you want to sell your van with We Buy Vans, you just have to follow these five steps:
- Provide them with the registration number of your Van for .
- Once they receive all the details about your vehicle, they will give you an estimate. Make sure that you provide them with an accurate detail about your van or pick-up.
- Next, they will either send you an email or call you on the number provided and discuss the further details and the price of your van or pick-up.
- If you are happy with the estimated amount, you can set a mutually discussed appointment day and time. Make sure that you have all the documents and necessary information regarding your vehicle on the day of your meeting. You don’t have to worry about making the visit. Their professional and well-trained employees will visit your place.
- Once everything is agreed, you will get the payment in cash on the spot.
You can visit their website and enter the registration number of your van, and you will get an estimate of your model. We Buy Vans offers free services and pays you in cash on the spot. Call 01494-792479 to experience a hassle-free service and never worry about selling your van to a scammer.